Make Your Own Biodegradable Paper Seed Starter Cups!
- *Fill a blender with paper scraps (no glossy pages).
- *Pour in a little water at first – blend – add water – blend – until lumpy dough texture – drain.
- *Press a handful into each part of a muffin tin – working it on bottom and up sides until forming a cup.
- *Let sit about 24 hours until dry.
- *Stack in plastic bags in dry place until you use them.
Thank you to my FaceBook Friend “HomeStead Survival” for posting this.
Go to http://365daysofdiy.blogspot.com/2012/01/seed-starters-out-of-paper-pulp.html
Dean lives 28 floors up in an apartment in the city of Sydney. He calls himself an “urban survivalist”. Dean works on projects “such as Solar, Wind, Gardening, Food storage, Cooking, Water” and much more. With a little ingenuity, a simple life can be had even in the big city.
I love the projects on Dean’s site at URBAN GREEN SURVIVAL, especially his bottle garden projects. You will also enjoy his YOUTUBE VIDEO.
Hydroponic Bottle Garden
Recycled Bottle Garden
Great recycling idea. Turn empty soda & water bottles into a self-watering vertical garden. I’ve gotta try this! It is also being promoted as a means of helping those in 3rd world dry climates to grow food. I love it. You will also.